Over the course of several decades, Wolfram Alderson has woven together social service, horticulture, and art in a multi-disciplinary range of work that has served a broad range of needs, people, communities, organizations, and environments. In strategic collaboration and partnership, his clients have included social service agencies, universities, school districts, landscape contractors, community and religious organizations, public gardens, residential and commercial property owners, and more.
A leader in the field of community food systems, horticulture therapy, and garden based learning, Mr. Alderson has designed and developed numerous therapeutic and educational horticulture and urban agriculture programs focused on improving human and environmental health, including Casa Colina Farms, Collective Roots, and Full Circle Farms. Mr. Alderson’s work has touched the lives of inner city poor, senior citizens, abused children, indigenous people, refugees, and people from all walks of life.
Mr. Alderson is the founder and CEO of Optimalness.Com, a social enterprise focused on a framework called the Ecosystem of Health. The Ecosystem of Health builds upon a 9 stage process culminating in the development of a sustainable Ecosystem of Health plan that is tailored to the specific needs and goals of the individual or organization. The Ecosystem of Health is a hybrid of integrated health management (Wellness, or "Optimalness" as defined by Mr. Alderson) and leadership development and builds strongly upon ecosystem science, and utilizing the key concepts and lexicon of ecosystems.
"Please allow me to offer you the benefit of my thirty-five years of distinguished service in key leadership roles involving design, development, and administration of innovative programs and organizations that support diverse populations and needs. My professional interest is to apply my advanced leadership and organization development skills to supporting visionary people and organizations that are dedicated to creating lasting social and environmental changes that make the world a healthier place." - Wolfram Alderson
EXPERTISE & SERVICES
Wolfram Alderson leading a group of children in a garden based activity at Lincoln Elementary School in Pomona, Calfornia.
• Thirty-five years serving in key leadership roles involving design, development, and administration of innovative social service, social justice, education, and environmental programs.
• Exceptional program management skills to design, develop, and lead programs and services.
• Highly successful team and community builder; proven leader of strategic partnering and change initiatives.
• Extensive experience and education in organizational leadership and development, systems change, public relations, training & education, fund-raising, quality assurance, and fiscal management of complex programs. This includes knowledge management, information technology, supervising and coaching teams of skilled and dedicated staff, and ensuring that services delivered are of the highest quality.
• Demonstrated expertise in working with a wide range of populations with high level and complex needs.
• Achieved multidisciplinary integration of community and environmental programs involving extensive partnership and collaboration.
•Superb record of integrating fiscal and program operations with strategic planning and development, strengthening their inter-relationships and assuring compliance of programs and staff with organizational mission, objectives, and procedures.